“Fairy tales are more than true, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” G.K. Chesterton
I have believed in things unseen for as long as I can remember. As a child, my mother fueled my soul with endless stories of bravery, magic, and good overcoming evil. She provided me with sticks for wands, leaves for currency, and blankets for mermaid tales. I was the one who saw magic in everything–knots in trees became keyholes, shadows were ghosts, animals had families to get home to at the end of the day, and I was sure that there was treasure buried in my backyard. I filled up endless notebooks with stories and drawings. The beauty of the world filled my pages and taught me how to believe in the power of truth, beauty, and goodness.
Now I am home with my four children who fill my world with as much mischief and joy as they can manage. My time is spent taking care of, learning from, and imagining with them, all while trying to balance my life as a writer and a creative.
I believe that beauty is a reflection of goodness. Capturing beauty through words is what inspires me as a writer and a love for people and cultures inspire me as a creator.
Life is beautiful.
People are good.
And magic is real.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. I am the person in the car next to you singing and dancing with the music turned all the way up.
2. I am a Hufflepuff. You can sit with me.
3. I am in love with my husband and obsessed with my children. Life with them is the best adventure ever.
4. I often wake myself up laughing.
5. I love Jesus. He is my dearest and closest friend. His love and grace change and save me every single day.
Also, if you are still reading this, I heart you.